“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” –God’s Word for his people then.
“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” –God’s Word for his people today.
Jack and Janine Swanson’s
CHILE PRAYER LETTER – July 2012
JULY PRAISE: JESUS IS FREEDOM!!!
HIS WORD & TEACHING ARE TRUTH AND IT SETS US FREE. John 8: 31-32
THROUGH HIM WE ARE SET FREE FROM THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH. Romans 8: 1-2
THROUGH HIS DEATH WE ARE SET FREE FROM THE PENALTY OF OUR SIN. Romans 5: 6-11
THROUGH OUR BAPTISM IN HIM WE ARE FREED FROM THE CONTROL OF SIN. Romans 6: 1-11
…..and because He is all of these and more, we, the recipients of true freedom in him, become his BEST ambassadors in transforming the world around us—living for him and making him known.
LET true FREEDOM RING!!!
JULY PRAYER PETITIONS:
- As we have written previously, Karen, in addition to working for us, is studying toward her social work degree. She recently told Fabiola that for now she must stop working, as her health is suffering. We are sad to see her go and must seek replacement help. Fabiola will approach a young married woman from the church, Daniela, about the position. Daniela already knows the children and has spent time in the past with them on the mission property. She loves kids, is currently unemployed, and would love to work in a Christian environment. She would make an excellent new “tía”.
- Continue to pray for the children’s behavior in their schools. We work hard to stop past, engrained negative patterns, such as robbing other students and acting up, and turn all negative attention-seeking into recognition, honor, and appreciation. Their lives matter and God loves them. To one extent or another, all of our kids need prayer in this area.
- Pray that the children would come to put down roots in Jesus and keep growing in him.
- Fabiola is doing a super job of carrying out her many duties and of guiding and working with our house mothers. Please pray for her continued good health, stamina, and steady disposition. She, too, studies one day a week for an advanced degree.
- Please pray for our two current 2-month interns in Chile, Brittany Meinsen and Jay Lanunziata. They both attend Mid-Atlantic Christian University. They are living on the mission property, interacting well with the children, serving, and learning lots of Spanish. May God richly bless their “Chile” missionary experience!
Giving thanks, praying, and fasting alongside you in a “True Freedom” Jesus,
Jack and Janine
One thought on “July 2012 Chile Prayer Letter”
I have read through all of your website and am interested in your mission. I plan to go toSantiago early next year and would like to meet with you if it is convenient for you, I am writing from Canada