INTO JANUARY 2015 AND BEYOND…
Thank you all again for your prayer support which continues to buoy us up and help accomplish God’s plans in Chile! As we continue in those good plans and purposes through us in Chile we are reminded of Jesus’ summary of the ten commandments summarized in two: Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. Love your neighbor as yourself. –Mark 12: 30-31 What a tremendously powerful message for all Christians, as God leads on.
Prayer specifics going into 2015 include:
- Imminent issuance of our Foundation status in Chile.
- Designation of a Chilean man or woman to direct the children’s work forward.
- Arrival of Chilean Christian couple(s) as first new house parents.
- Arrival of abandoned children to live in our mission houses with those house parents.
- Growth and going forward of the church, Iglesia Cristiana Jesús es El Camino.
- Formation of the board that will lead in the development and direction of the new children’s camp.
- Determination of exact design of the camp property and initiation of first steps in land development.
- Make-up and visitation of groups from supporting churches.
- Development of “Christian coaching” in encouraging and aiding men freed from drug & alcohol addiction restore their lives and families.
- Rental/purchase of off-site house or property for Jack and Janine.
- The successful re-initiation of English Club TESL outreach and relationship development. (We are seeking someone to come and guide this effective ministry.)
We do have one additional specific prayer request having to do with my (Jack’s) health. I have a condition in which my bone marrow is producing less and less white blood cells. It’s been below normal for at least two years, but recently, the reading has been going down fast. As our son Julian explained, a blood count can be a little lower for a variety of reasons, but the recent changes need to be looked into. Based on the readings, I have neutropenia, associated with the low count.
I am here in LA and receive free care through the VA facility nearby. I am scheduled for a bone marrow biopsy on Jan. 7 and until then I have been advised to avoid unnecessary contact with others who might compromise my health. The bone marrow test should give us a diagnosis, and then we can determine treatment, hopefully in Chile!! Janine is planning to go back to Chile immediately following the biopsy results and I will follow, barring the need to undergo immediate treatment here. We’re also checking out nutritional factors that I might want to put in place, such as a gluten-free diet. We’ll be sure to keep you posted and thanks for your prayers.
Praising, praying, and fasting with you in our “Total Package” God,
6 thoughts on “January 2015 Prayer Letter”
Jack and Janine, just want you to know we are praying for you, I know this is a scary situation but I also know God will carry you through. Do keep us posted. Love you both, Jaci and Don
I am praying for a quick diagnosis and speedy treatment for Jack, leading to complete recovery. Blessings! Marty Hugon
Dear friends – I am so sorry Jack is having this health problem. Roy suffers from low white cell count also, but doctors have been unable to determine what is causing it and he is still going strong. We praise God our Father for that and are now praying for you also, Jack. I am hopeful in your case the doctors will be able to determine what is causing the problem and be able to treat it. No matter the out come we will continue to praise and glorify God as the ultimate healer knowing His will is always what is best. You are always in our hearts and in our prayers. Twyla & Roy
Thanks for the prayers, Roy & Twyla! Continuing to give thanks and pray for Roy as well!
Jack and Janine and family, today is January 7 2015 and as Jack is having the bone marrow biopsy know that His Church is praying continuously.
Excellent article. Keep writing such kind of info
on your page. Im really impressed by it.
Hi there, You’ve done a fantastic job. I’ll certainly digg
it and for my part suggest to my friends. I am sure they’ll be benefited from this website.