For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, PRINCE OF PEACE. –Isaiah 9:6
But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him JESUS. He will be great and will be called the SON OF THE MOST HIGH. —Luke 1: 30-32a
But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is THE MESSIAH, THE LORD. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and ON EARTH PEACE to those on whom his favor rests.” –Luke 2: 10-14
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have PEACE WITH GOD through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. –Rom. 5: 1-2
For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making PEACE THROUGH HIS BLOOD, shed on the cross. —Col. 1: 19-20
A very special Christmas to you all in the Jesus of the above verses!! (All highlighting in them through italics, bold print, and capital letters are our own, to better drive home the message.)
As we enter December and end 2015, we are so grateful for & blessed by your financial support and your partnership through your prayers. Some of you join us in fasting to further connect with God’s working in Chile. This is an E-mail of Real Joy, Peace, and Hope in JESUS and a tribute to our One True GOD.
- Our Children’s Residence for abandoned, adoptable children is now legal and able to carry on with this important work in 2016. The work is guided by a board, there are two couples now living in two of the Residence’s homes, and the houses are ready to receive children.
- The new Christian camp for children/Christian center in middle Chile will take its “first steps” in January & February (Chilean summer) through offering some day camps to area children. A Chilean couple is in place to guide those camps, and a directing board is in formation to take the further development of the camp & center forward.
- Men living in the Casa del Alfarero Christian drug & alcohol rehab center continue to come to the Lord, making a commitment to him through baptism, as God restores lives.
- Millarae is alive and doing slightly better physically. She is currently in Santiago for part of December to continue with medical assessments and treatment, before returning to northern Chile. She and her twin sister, Ana, will turn 15 years old in January and both will be with us again for a couple of weeks between January and February so that we can spend part of their summer vacation with them. Many of you have been praying for Milla for almost a year.
- Several new faces are becoming a part of God’s work in Chile, joining us in different capacities going into 2016.
The words PEACE & JOY can seem so incongruent in a world filled with terrorism, persecution, hate, wars, disasters & death. In reading the Bible, we realize that this horrible condition is exactly the setting into which Jesus was sent by God the Father. He was sent to respect and value the lives of all persons; to enter the houses of sinners meeting them where they were at; to feed the poor, heal the blind, & free the oppressed; to live & preach the Way, the Truth, & the Life—to live & preach himself. He taught & prepared true followers and disciples. He was sent to sacrifice his own life. He calls us to do the same.
Both evil and good will always be with us. In ALL of the above, though, Jesus is the Light & Hope of the world and the only Way to real peace and to eternity with God. Jesus lives on and now WE are to extend HIM to this dark & hurting world of ours.
Praising, praying, and fasting in a Born AND Real Peace CHRISTMAS JESUS,
3 thoughts on “DECEMBER 2015 Praise & Prayer Letter”
I like your point about that this is the type of world that Jesus was born into. We have to remember to continue his work even when it sometimes feels hopeless.
Thanks also for the update on Milla.
Its so good to hear the great news on your progress. I’m so glad things are going well. God has blessed you in so many ways. Have a wonderful Christmas
Jack you have a wonderful way of saying things. It is such a priviledge to celebrate Jesus as we recognize Him as the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Our celebration goes on every single day as we strive to w alk with Him.
How great that you will be spending Christmas with you family. I know God will be in the middle of your celebration and bathe it with love.